There was a time when getting a passport was considered as the toughest thing in the world. There were so many problems and verification system that getting a passport was like winning a battle. However, the ministry of external affairs has decided to trust Aadhar card for identification process and it can be used to get a passport. Not only this, you can get it in 10 days. You just need to apply online, attach the aadhaar card, pay the fees, fix the appointment and it’s done. The user will get the appointment in next three days of applying and in another seven days, the passport will be dispatched to him.
How to get passport in 10 days by using Aadhar card?
You will need to follow few simple steps mentioned below:
Step: 1 Register yourself at Passport Seva Portal
- Click here to visit the official website of the Passport Seva Portal.
- If you are a new user, then you need to click on “register now”. After that, you will need to fill a small form with details like name, date of birth, email id etc. Once it is done, you will get your login ID on the mail id you mentioned in the form.
- If you already have an account, click on “Login”.
Step: 2 Login into your account
- Click on the link you received on your email id.
- Login using your user name and password.
- You have been logged in to Passport Seva Portal.
Step 3 Choose your option
- Click on “Apply for fresh passport link” to get your application form for the passport. If you already own a passport and wish to renew it, click on “renew passport”.
Step 4 Fill the Forms
- Now, you will need to fill some forms with details like address, family details etc.
- Take proper time and be careful while filling the details. It takes a lot of time to get the mistakes corrected in passport procedures.
- You will need to save each and every form. Once you fill a form, click on next page and you will be redirected to the next form.
- Keep filling the forms and saving them until you reach the payment option.
Step 5 Pay and fix an appointment
- Once you are done with forms. Go to “View saved/submitted applications” page and click on Pay and Schedule appointment link. You will get a form where you need to fill in the date and times for your appointment.
- After submitting the form, you will need to make an online payment which can be done by debit card, credit card or internet banking.
Step 6 Print your application receipt
- After completing the process of payment, click on Application Receipt link and you will get your application reference number and appointment number.
- Take a print out of these numbers.
Step 7 Attend the appointment
Visit your designated Passport Seva Kendra with your original documents and complete the process of interview. If you succeeds, you will receive your passport within next 7 days.
Your passport will be dispatched to your home via mail. Click here to know about your Passport Seva Kendra.