Unique Identification Authority of India or UIDAI has finally begun the facility for online appointment booking for enrolling under the scheme of Aadhar card. UIDAI is the authority which is working for providing Aadhaar card to the people of the country. It should be noted that this process is for getting an appointment not for getting the Aadhar card. You will need to visit the center for getting your aadhaar card. However, the facility has been started on a trial basis and it expected to expand across the nation. Not all the states are covered under this facility as the process is under a trail period. Currently this facility has been started in
- Andhra Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
How to book online appointment for enrolment of Aadhar card?
It can be done in few simple steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of the UIDAI or click here.
- You will see a form which needs to be filled for getting appointment for enrolment of Aadhar card.
- In the first part, enter your name, mobile number, email id and number of persons. A single appointment can be taken for maximum four people. This means if you wish to get Aadhar card for your family and if your family has 4 or less than four people, you don’t need to book a separate appointment for each member.
- In the second part, you need to fill the details of the enrolment center. First, you will need to choose your state from the drop down menu. If your state is not in the list then it means that this facility is not available for your state.
- After that, you will need to choose District/City and Locality/Area. There is a drop down menu to choose from. Now, you need to choose the enrolment center as per your choice.
- After that, click on “Check Availability” at the right side of the screen. It will let you know about the dates and times which are available for the appointment. Red color slots are not available while the green color shows the number of available enrolment slots. You need to choose any green slot from those available on that list.
- Now, you need to enter the date and time as mentioned in the list of availability and as per your choice. Enter the verification code and click on Fix Appointment and its done.
You will get a token number and the details of the schedule. Take a print out of this slip and visit the mentioned aadhaar center. You will need to carry a valid Proof of Identity, Proof of address and proof of date of birth along with yourself. You can also re-schedule or cancel your appointment whenever you want.
This is a free facility and no money will be charged from you for using this service.