Aadhaar card is an identity card issued by the UIDAI on the behalf of Indian Government which carries a 12 digit unique number. This card can be used as a proof of identity and a proof of address in services like mobiles and banking. It is possible to update/change your address in Aadhar card. Not only address, you can change/update your name, gender, date of birth and mobile number too. There are two methods to change or update details in your Aadhar card. It can be done either online or offline.
Online Method for changing/updating address in Aadhar card:
Having a mobile number is mandatory for using this method as you will receive your password for login on your mobile number. Follow the below steps:
- Click here to visit UIDAI website for changing address in aadhaar card.
- Enter your aadhaar number in the box and click on “Send OTP”. You will receive a password on the mobile number which you mentioned during the time of enrolment. In case you have not declared any mobile number during that time, you will be asked to enter a number. Enter your number and you will get the One Time Password on that number. However, in case you have lost or do not possess the mobile number which you declared during enrolment time, you will need to visit the update center or choose the offline method.
- Enter the one time password and captcha and you will be logged in to the update portal.
- Now, select the field(s) which you want to change/update. You can also choose more than one field.
- Now, fill the fields with current updated details in English as wee as your local language.
- After that, you will need to attach self-attested documents for the changes you wish to make.
- Documents for:
- Change in name: Any one of the Proof of Identity (PoI) from the list containing Name and Photo for Name Corrections/Update.
- Change in Date of Birth: Any one of the DoB from the list.
- Change of address: Any one of the POA (Proof of address) from the list.
- Click here to view the list of documents which you can attach. After attaching the documents, you will need to review the data and once you confirm it, you need to click on submit and you will get an Update Request Number. Keep this number with you for checking the status of your updated aadhaar card.
It will take few days for the verification process and you will get your updated aadhaar card by post. You can also get it online.
Offline Method for changing/updating details in Aadhar card:
- Click here to download the form for changing/updating details in Aadhar card.
- Take a print out of the form and fill the form. The form needs to be filled in both the languages, English and your local language. Check your Aadhar card to know about your local language.
- Don’t forget to mention your mobile number as it is mandatory and all the communications regarding the application will be done on that number.
- Attach a self-attested copy of documents for which you are filling the form. Check step no. 7 and 8 in the online process to know about which all documents you need to attach. Write your aadhaar number on every document which you are going to attach.
- Send the form along with the documents at any of the following address and mark the envelope as “Aadhar Update/Correction” on top.
Address for sending the form:
- UIDAI Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India, OR
- UIDAI Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India
Wait for few days and keep checking your aadhaar card status. You will receive an intimation of update request receipt. The process will take few days and your new updated Aadhar card will be mailed to you. Click here to know more about changing/updating details in your Aadhar card.