Unique Identification Card or more popularly known as Aadhar card is a new kind of identity card which can be used as a Proof of Identity and Proof of address for many services. This card consists of a 12 digit unique code which is known as Aadhaar number. Any individual can get this card by providing only three documents which are proof of identity, proof of address and proof of date of birth. You can even fix an appointment to get your aadhar card. Currently, aadhaar card is just used for services like opening a bank account and for getting a new SIM, but going by the popularity and the way government is planning to use it, soon aadhaar card will become a necessity. To get yourself a new aadhaar card, you will need to visit an aadhaar enrolment center where your documents will be checked and your biometric details will be recorded. There is an Application form which needs to be filled too. You can get that Application form from the center itself or you can get it online.
How to Get and Fill Aadhar Card Application Form
- Click here to download Aadhaar card enrolment form or get it from your nearest enrolment center.
- Leave the field 1 and 2 as it is for those people who wish to get their aadhaar card updated or corrected.
- Write your full name in the field 3, gender in field 4, Age/Date of birth in field 5 and complete address along with phone number in field 6.
- Field 7 is for kids and needs to be filled in the case of minors.
- Fill the rest of the form as it is mentioned and write the names of the documents which you are attaching.
- If you don’t possess any kind of documents and wish to get Aadhaar number on the basis of your family documents, you will need to Head of the family in the verification field. The list of supported documents in this case is enclosed with the form.
- If you don’t have any documents as a proof of relationship, an introducer can help you in getting your Aadhaar card. In this case, you will need to choose introducer based in the verification field and you will have to write the Aadhar number of the introducer. You will also need his/her signature on the form.
- The documents which can be used for getting Aadhar card are mentioned on the other side of the form.
Carry this filled form with yourself while going to the enrolment center and you will save a lot of time. There is no need to carry any photographs as your picture will be clicked by a web cam. Don’t forget to carry original documents for cross verification. This form can also be used for changing address/name/date of birth in the Aadhaar card and for that you will need to mention Pre enrolment ID at the very start of the form. Click here to know more about changing details in Aadhaar card.