The Aadhar card is an effort by the Unique Identification Authority of India or UIDAI. The Aadhar card contains a unique ID number which is issued from UIDAI to Indians with the goal of establishing a distinct identification for the card holder. As these Aadhar cards can be downloaded online, it’s also called eAadhar card. The Aadhar number is basically a twelve-digit code and would be unique for everybody enrolling or applying for the UIDAI issued card. The card is meant for any individual in India, including adults & children and the Aadhar code would be different for each family member. The individuals applying for eAadhar card have to submit their demographic details and the biometric information which would be then saved in centralized Aadhar database. The Aadhar number has a life time validity for the Aadhar card holder and the unique ID number is available completely free of charge.
Eligibility to obtain Aadhar card
- The Aadhar card would be available to all Indian residents and even the NRI or the foreign nationals residing in the country.
- Indian residents, irrespective of age, are permitted to avail the eAadhar card. However children below 3 years of age won’t be needed to provide their biometric details & in such a situation, the ID card would be in link with the child’s guardian or parent. Children within 5 to 15 years are required to provide their biometric details which have to be renewed as the child grows up over 15 years of age.
Required Documents that could be submitted to apply or enroll for eAadhar card
- Voter ID
- Ration or PDS card
- PAN Card
- Driving license
- Arms License
- Govt. Photo Identification Card
- Photo credit card
- ECHS/CGHS Card
- Photo ATM Card
- Pensioner Card
- Photo ID by the Recognized Educational Centers
- Freedom Fighter Card
- NREGS-Job Card
- Kissan Passbook
- Address Card with Photo & Name issued from Posts Department
- ID Certificate with photo issued from Grade I Gazetted Officer
How to Apply for Aadhar Card
To apply for the Aadhar card, one have to visit his local Aadhar enrollment camp, authorized by UIDAI with the required documents for address, picture and identity proof. Here are points on the application process:
- Carry your ID & address proof documents (both original & Xeroxed, duly attested by gazette official) with the Aadhar enrollment application to the local Aadhar enrollment camp.
- As you reach there, your documents would be checked & verified.
- The operator or enroller would insert your document details and you would be asked to validate the entered data.
- The applicant would be asked to go through fingerprint & iris scanning.
- A photograph of the Aadhar applicant would be captured by the camp operators.
- Then, the enroller or operator would sign with his/her fingerprint.
- The Aadhar applicant would be handed a print out of acknowledgement slip stating enrolment code & other details.
Later on, your Aadhar application details would be verified and your Aadhar card with the unique Aadhar code would sent to your stated address within 60-90 days of the application. However, the process might take longer in certain cases.
Complaints on Aadhar Card
In case of any complaints regarding Aadhar card, the candidate can contact UIDAI via 1800-180-1947 or seek help at firstname.lastname@example.org.